Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day1: Bowling Green KY

Things I learned today:

It takes two teen/tween girls 75 times as long to get ready to travel as it does one teen boy.

They sell Sour Skittles in the BP at the Jeffersonville exit in Ohio. Nicole*, the older girl, was ecstatic, as she has such trouble finding Sour Skittles at home. She ate them all up so fast that she irritated her tongue.

Roxanne*, the younger girl, thinks that wearing sunglasses everywhere, even in a restaurant at 8:30 PM in KY, is super-cool.

How is it that driving the 71 tunnel through downtown Cincy and then over the bridge into KY never gets old, even though it ages me 5 yrs each time?

Columbus is way cloudier than anywhere else in the world. Apparently, I just missed very severe weather after dropping of my little doggie at my sister's. It was sunny skies right after we left Columbus, and all the way down.

ATHENS! The Bobcats get to the Sweet Sixteen for the first time since possibly 1776, and I'm missing the celebrations. Go Bobcats!



*names have been changed to protect the privacy of the bratty.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are flogging about your travels. Always an entertaining read and a good source of much needed laughter. "Nicole" and "Roxanne" are in for an exciting tome and life-long memories. I hope they realize how lucky they are to have found someone as fin as you. If not now, they will eventually! Safe travels to you. I look forward to the upcoming posts! -Bes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Notes to self. Install spell-checker. ;)

      Flogging=Blogging

      Delete