Thursday, March 22, 2012

Day5: You can always go: Downtown!

Today, the girls and I walked around the large park and duck/goldfish pond area in downtown Huntsville. Very pretty. The girls fed the birds and fish and really enjoyed the park. Huntsville has a very clean and pretty downtown.

I read about the Boulder that ate Athens! Why, when I leave down, does all the excitement (Sweet Sixteen!! Boulder!!) happen? First, I gotta say, I think these two stories are related. Can it really be a coincidence that right after the earth-shattering news that the Bobcats reached the 16, a house-sized boulder shakes loose?

As far as why all the excitement happens when I leave town, I have two theories:

1) These happenings are nature's way of filling the excitement void created by my departure

2) I act as a kind of "excitement dampener," keeping Athens nice and safe and "even," and my absence causes an unregulated disturbance in the time-space continuim.

It's gotta be one of the two, but I guess we will never know for sure.

In the afternoon, we met Monnie and her sister-in-law Wendy for lunch at Cracker Barrel, which was fun. A vacation to the southeast is not a true Southern Adventure unless you eat at a Cracker Barrel. It was really fun to see Wendy again - she's the sort who brightens up your day.

Then - talking of Southern Adventures, we went to a place called Southern Adventures. It was . . . basically a video arcade with a few extras. Kinda like the Donato's Pizza Arcade at home, but twice as many games, and bumper cars. It did not live up to its hype, but it was still fun for the girls. I rode the bumper cars with them, and while I claimed to have "kicked their butts" on the bumper cars, they claim that in fact, they kicked mine.

It's gotta be one or the other, but I guess we will never know.

Said my good byes to Monnie just now . . . it was so fun to see her again. We are leaving Huntsville tomorrow. Weather forecasts are bad all the way into Ohio - thunderstorms, thunderstorms, thunderstorms. Was hoping to get us home tomorrow, but we'll see.

We'll miss you, 'bama.

No comments:

Post a Comment